CHAMINADE CO-ED DORMITORY
Below are the nightly prices for different bedroom set-ups in Hale Pohaku, the campus co-ed residences, good from 6/19/19 through 6/30/19. Please notify Dayna at the Chaminade's Residence Life Office if you plan to stay before or after the official 6/21-6/24 conference period (see Housing rules below for more info).
1 Suite in Hale Pohaku: 2 bedrooms, each containing 2 twin beds, 2 desks, + 1 closet per bedroom
Every suiteʻs 4 residents share: 1 bathroom + a common sitting area + another closet
Double Occupancy (Cleaning fees included)
$72/person for each night to share 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds (in the absence of specifying a roommate, a same-sex roommate may be assigned). [Bedroom shares a bathroom with another bedroom.]
$144/bedroom for 2 roommates whose names should be supplied by the person making the reservation, in the case that family members wish to room in the same bedroom together (2 twin beds). [Bedroom shares a bathroom with another bedroom.]
$288 for the whole suite of 4 people (2 bedrooms, 2 twin beds per room), in the event that family members or colleagues wish to room together & share a bathroom. Provide names of the 4 residents when making the reservations.
Single Occupancy (Cleaning fees included)
$97/person for each night alone in 1 bedroom.
[Bedroom shares a bathroom with another bedroom (in the absence of specifying residents to share that other bedroom, same-sex residents may be assigned to it).]
Additional Room Fees & Taxes
Linen fee: $40 per bed for the whole stay
Note: A deposit of $500 will be required for Group Reservations.
Lost key fee: $350/key
Housing rules covering Hale Pohaku suites & facilities include the following, in addition to other conditions displayed in that reservations site & the instructions that Chaminade Residence Life Office sends to attendees who make reservations:
* Once they reserve rooms, conference attendees will receive information on deadlines & penalties for room cancellation or changes from Residence Life. Generally, to cancel their reservations so as to receive a refund, attendees need to notify Residence Life staff at least 7 days prior to the reservation check-in date to alter their housing reservations. Conference attendees, not the Science Fiction Research Association, will be responsible for communicating any changes in dorm reservations to the Residence Life staff in a timely way & for paying residence-reservation-related fees or deposits.
* Attendees will note on their online reservation form when they will be coming in & when they will leave Hale Pohaku (including flight info such as departure/arrival times & airport locations), so that a Residence Life staff can check them in & out, distribute/collect the room keys, & exchange other info or documents (payment card, license # for parking, etc.). Generally, check-in starts around noon & check-out should be by noon, but confirm with Residence life for your particular logistics. Check-outs past noon will incur a fee of $90 (except on Mon. 6/24, the last day of the conference). Bring your ID & a credit card when checking in.
* Wi-fi & parking will be provided at no additional cost. After making reservations, attendees will receive info from the Residence Life Office on how to receive the wi-fi access code as well as arrange to get a campus parking pass for their cars.
* Please note when making the reservations whether you want to dorm with specific people in your 2-person bedroom or within your 4-person suite, providing those people's names. If you specify marital or familial relationships, Residence Life will put you, your spouse, &/or your relatives together in a bedroom. Otherwise, office staff will assign same-sex suite mates &/or same-sex bedroom co-residents.
* Those rates cover the period from Wed. 6/19/2019 through Sun. 6/30/19. However, please directly contact Dayna (email@example.com) at the Chaminade Residential Life office [(808) 735-4648], if you plan to arrive before the conference start date of 6/21 and/or if you plan to stay up to 5 days beyond the last conference day of Mon. 6/24/19 (extended reservations outside of 6/21-6/24 are based on room availability).
* Respect the kitchen facilities' usage hours posted outside of that room. The secure kitchen contains a pair of refrigerators, an oven range, a coffee maker, & a microwave oven, as well as a sink. The kitchen is shared by all Hale Pohaku residents, so you will have to provide your own kitchen implements (see Travel and Accommodations on nearby Kaimukī Shopping Center's grocery & drug stores where you can buy prepared or raw food & also cooking tools).
* In the Hale Pohaku building, a covered deck with campus & city views & vending machines also offer dining options & socializing areas.
* No smoking, vaping, or pets in the suites.
Reservations can be made here on the Chaminade Residence Life Office site.
See Travel and Accommodations for directions to the campus, a Chaminade map, as well as information on nearby dining, grocery, & wine shop options on Waiʻalae Avenue & in Kaimukī.
COURTYARD WAIKĪKĪ BEACH (COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT)
Additionally, the "Courtyard by Marriott" Courtyard Waikīkī Beach hotel will offer a Chaminade University discount, upgrading rooms from the standard category into the deluxe category, as an SFRA Conference deal. [The deluxe rooms are larger, around 299 square feet, with a King- or Queen-sized bed or two double-sized beds and a mini-kitchenette (wetbar, coffee-/tea-maker, mini fridge, and a microwave).]
Here is the reservation link you can use to make online reservations:
Start date: 6/19/19
End date: 6/25/19
Last day to book: 5/29/19
The Marriott hotel offering your special group rate:
· Courtyard Waikiki Beach for $159.00 USD per night (plus taxes)
· $25/night Valet Parking - excluding gratuities (normally $45/night)
**Please note that the discounted parking rate will NOT show online. The discount is applied at the property.**Book your Courtyard Waikīkī Beach group rate for the SFRA Conference
If you prefer to call for your reservation, please mention to the agent that you are with theChaminade University - SFRA Conference:
Rooms must be booked by 24 May 2019 to get the discounted rate for the above period.
Science Fiction Research Association is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization