We are pleased to post a call for applications for the SFRA Support a New Scholar Program (SNS), for 2021-22*.
This New Scholars Program supports advanced students and scholars of outstanding promise to assist them in taking part as active members of the science fiction community.
This excellence-based grant is aimed to help fund one graduate student and one non-tenure-track scholar for a period of two years, covering membership costs.
Please find below eligibility criteria and application forms for both tracks.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: November 15, 2020
To submit applications or if you have any further questions please contact the SFRA Vice President, Sonja Fritzsche at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eligible candidates will have a proven interest in SF.
- They must be students currently registered for a graduate degree program (Masters / Doctoral) in a recognized institution of higher education.
- Candidates may apply more than once for the program but can only be awarded one time (no matter which track).
- Awarded scholars are encouraged to attend the SFRA conference during the years they participate in the program.
Please submit the following material together with your completed form to the SFRA Vice President, Sonja Fritzsche, email@example.com, no later than November 15, 2020 [Please note, applications with missing material will not be considered]:
- Completed application form 2021-22.Support A New Scholar.TrackA.docx
- 300 word description of your SF interests and accomplishments, in support of your candidacy
- A one-page CV
- Proof of student status